Our Cleethorpes Academy uniform requirments:
All students in Year groups 7 through to 11 are expected to wear their uniform correctly and in accordance with this Uniform Policy.
To maintain quality, standards and value for money, Academy blazers, skirts and ties are only available from Uniform Direct.
An acceptable outdoor coat and scarf/hat/gloves may be worn as prevailing weather demands (no extreme logos). We recommend that students wear a reflective band in the winter months.
- Black blazer with academy badge (in academy-specific colour)
- Black smart tailored trousers (NOT tightly fitted to the leg or cropped to the ankle) ora Cleethorpes Academy skirt, worn knee length, with either black tights or socks.
- Plain white traditional shirt (not fitted) with top button fastened.
- Academy tie (in academy-specific colour)
- Plain black (no badge) fine-knit, V-neck jumper (optional but must be worn under blazer).
- Plain white or black ankle socks (not trainer socks).
- Black, flat shoes (maximum heel height 6cm at the back). Please note that trainers, trainer style shoes, canvas shoes or boots are NOT acceptable.
- A rucksack backpack with two shoulder straps large enough to fit an A4 file without it being folded, school books and stationary equipment including a pencil case.
The following are NOT allowed at all in an academy:
- Coats with offensive logos/badges.
- Denim or leather/leather look or knitted coats/jackets.
- Coloured T-shirts or bras or T-shirts with logos under an Academy shirt (if a T-shirt is worn under a shirt it must be plain white).
- Sweatshirts/jumpers which are not Academy uniform.
- Sweatshirts/hoodies/zipped jumpers/cardigans/clothing made of sweatshirt material (with or without hoods), are not considered as coats and may not be worn.
- ‘Sports’ type jackets/coats.
- Jeans or jeans-type trousers.
- Boots of any kind, sandals, canvas shoes, trainers (except for PE), trainer shoes.
- Nail varnish, gel nails, false nails, tattoos, temporary tattoos or make-up (discreet make-up is allowed in Year 11).
- Jewellery (except for wristwatches). Earrings - only one small stud per ear, watches – all jewellery must be removed for PE activities).
- Nose/eyebrow/tongue or any other form of body piercing.
- Hairstyles which are extreme (NO vivid or two-tone hair colours, NO cuts shorter than a number 1 razor setting, NO patterns cut into hair, NO beaded braids or braids with cotton/material
- weaves, NO extensions which do not match natural hair colour.
- Any hairstyles that have a change in hair length must be blended. Hairstyles must be graduated with no ‘stepped’ patterns or lines. Mohican hairstyles are not acceptable. This
- includes stepped haircuts similar to the different styles of Mohican haircuts.
- Beards or moustaches, or sideburns below the earlobes.
- Large belt buckles or studded/patterned belts (only plain black belts permitted).
- 'Smart' watches.
EACH ACADEMY CAN ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR THE LOSS OF, OR DAMAGE TO, ANY PERSONAL PROPERTY, INCLUDING JEWELLERY.
THIS ALSO APPLIES TO CONFISCATED ITEMS.
Download - Uniform Policy